The Diary of a lean start-up series is a new series of posts from guest writer Jeremy Hollow. Jeremy has taken taken the plunge from corporate leader to startup entrepreneur. He’s fighting on the front lines of innovation, developing a new business service the lean way. This is his story.
I’d always thought [...]
Many senior mangers want good ideas with little investment. Often Innovation is perceived as being an expensive activity where many resources are wasted through the ‘hit and miss’ approach of idea development. Not so according to Jim Stikeleather of the Management Innovation eXchange.
Jim’s post, ‘Three myths about innovation‘ is a good [...]
If you’re just getting started with an innovation programme in your company, you’ll be trying to understand what innovation really is and how to approach it. If so, you’ll find these 5 videos all really useful.
What is innovation?
This video from Lisbon Council’s 2010 Innovation Summit is interesting. It shows several quick points of [...]
Check out this great slide deck on 7 strategies for innovation, from the man himself, Steve Jobs. Even if you find this impractical there are some great and inspiring quotes here. My fav from the Apple Ad, “The people who are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do.”
So you’ve got an idea. You want to convince others of it, get them to buy into it. Get them to sponsor your proposal and give you some investment. That’s not easy. Changing the minds of others is a skill and an art. But it can be learned. Oh yes Daniel San, it can be [...]
Today’s organisations need innovators more than ever. As products and services become increasingly commoditised and the global economy slips into further turmoil the companies that innovate for competitive advantage will be the ones that survive in the long term. Increasingly companies such as GE are running formal innovation programmes in order to foster [...]
Why do some organisations just innovate better than others? How do you foster and manage innovation in your company? Are you building the right personal skills for innovation?
Welcome to The Innovator’s Journey. We’ll be discussing and answering these questions in this new blog. I will be inviting guest bloggers and bright minds to [...]
What’s the deal?Why do some organisations just innovate better than others? How do you foster and manage innovation in your company? Are you building the right skills to innovate? What are the best tools to use? Hhhm. Let's discuss.
Latest Twitter Goodness
- RT @SteveCase: How visionaries see the future http://t.co/bHsDhNc9ES "True visionaries see two steps ahead...they imagine using non-exis ... about 1 month ago
- RT @FastCompany: Here’s A Google Perk Any Company Can Imitate: Employee-To-Employee Learning http://t.co/jWRY9nUaD8 about 1 month ago
- RT @InsideFlipboard: Required reading for anyone with an eye on the horizon: @BBC_Future is now made for Flipboard http://t.co/zKYITHXT about 3 months ago
- RT @FastCoDesign: Obama Name-Checks 3-D Printing, Calls For 15 “Innovation Hubs” http://t.co/F4LpO8EY about 3 months ago
- Check out this podcast; Social Media Marketing http://t.co/8zaWZMCl about 3 months ago
- RT @wired: Recent Top Stories: Google’s Larry Page on Why Moon Shots Matter http://t.co/dehdufft about 4 months ago
- RT @ForbesTech: In search of marketing excellence: Ten differences between high-performing and low-performing companies http://t.co/g7TdAhJF about 4 months ago
- Lego continues to excel at open innovation http://t.co/cTpk8cTP about 4 months ago
Search by Tag2012 apple brainstorm budget cloud competition competitive advantage consumer consumer trends creation creativity customers custom satisfaction discovery skills emotional appeal enterprise IBM ideas innnovation Innovation innovator inspiration invention keynote market penetration metrics mobility myths networking observation organisations people predictions presentation product development productivity simon sinek skills social media steve jobs strategy success tech trends TED zen